Tubal ligation is the ideal choice for women who do not want to get pregnant again. However, there have been several illustrations where women repented their earlier decision and decided to become pregnant again. The tubal ligation reversal surgery can successfully restore fertility. The procedure involves attaching the two ends of the fallopian tube. Usually during the tubal ligation process the middle section of the fallopian tubes are separated. There are various procedures like cutting, burning, cauterizing, placing clamps or rings.
Many women who were sterilized earlier consider getting pregnant again after many years. They are unsure if the tubal reversal can help their cause. You should know TR surgery can be performed even after 10 or more years of tubal ligation. Microsurgical tubal reanastomosis is the best microsurgical procedures of date. Therefore, it is important to locate a surgeon who has vast experience in this field. A successful tubal reversal surgeon will naturally have several tubal reversal patient testimonials. They will generously state their experience and the help they received from the surgeon. This is an important criterion to look for before selecting a tubal reversal surgeon.
There are only a few doctors who perform tubal reversal procedure on a daily basis. Stats indicate most of the doctors after their initial medical training were prepared for IVF. Additionally tubal reversal surgery is more challenging and can require a lot of time in comparison to IVF. The best TR surgery doctors have state of the art clinics where each patient is treated with utmost care. Once the patient qualifies as the perfect candidate for tubal reversal she will be able to rejoin the cut fallopian tubes successfully. On completion of the surgery patients may either leave for their home on the same day or may require staying in the hospital for one night.
A good tubal reversal clinic will not have any hidden costs. The expenses will include everything including post-operative care till the patient gets pregnant. Tubal reversal surgery costs are much lower compared to IVF. Unfortunately, most insurance companies will not cover the tubal reversal expenses. You may have to sort it out with the company if they are likely going to pay for the associated tests like blood tests etc.
Presently some of the best tubal reversal center that you can find are dedicated to overcoming any associated gynecological disorders as well. Issues such as fibroids, polyps or any other conditions that can pose a threat to pregnancy are successfully treated. Once the patient has successfully overcome all the problems only the tubal reversal surgery is performed. The patient needs to follow the guidelines suggested by the tubal reversal surgeon once the surgery has been done. Resumption of normal activities can usually be done within 2 weeks. It is advised to wait for at least 2/3 months before planning for pregnancy. The high success rate of tubal reversal surgery speaks volumes about the advantages of tubal reversal procedure. With its help thousands of couples have now become proud parents. Consult the best tubal reversal surgeon in your area if you are planning to untie your tubes.
Women who undergo tubal ligation surgery consider this as a permanent form of sterilization. However, the high success rate of tubal reversal surgery has now made it clear that tubal ligation can be reversed in most cases. Check out here to know more about Tubal Ligation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubal_ligation. Not everyone who was sterilized will be able to successfully conceive post tubal reversal surgery. According to present stats, approximately 70% women will be able to become pregnant within a year after TR surgery has been performed.
Typically success can also be achieved within 6 months post tubal reversal. Nevertheless, it is important to understand the criteria that contribute towards the success of tubal reversal surgery. Listed below are the essential points:
1. The age of the patient: Generally success rates of tubal ligation reversal surgery get increased if the patient is young. Older women particularly those over 40 will naturally have fewer chances of achieving success. Check out more about tubal ligation reversal here: http://www.thibodauxgynob.com/tubal-reversal-surgery/
2. Type of Tubal Ligation: Several methods may be incorporated during tubal ligation procedure. The middle portion of the fallopian tube is separated by cutting, burning, cauterizing or placing clamps and rings. Each of these procedures inflicts some damage to the fallopian tubes. If the damages are irreversible tubal reversal surgery cannot be performed. Thus, the patient has to seek other alternative i.e. IVF.
3. Length of the healthy tube: The fallopian tubes are generally 12cms in length. Expert tubal reversal surgeons believe at least 7cm or more of healthy fallopian tubes can yield excellent results.
4. Sperm quality: The male partner may also be required to undergo a semen analysis. This is particularly important for those who have never initiated pregnancies. There are factors like sperm motility, abnormal sperm shape and sizes that can make a male infertile and thus incompetent to help the woman to become pregnant.
5. Any other surgery: If the patient had undergone any other abdominal surgery it can become a hurdle in achieving success post tubal reversal surgery.
6. Gynecological problems: The woman may have an existing gynecological disorder like fibroids or polyps. Additionally those who are over 35 may not have the best ovarian reserve. These disorders are needed to be corrected before tubal reversal surgery can be conducted.
Check out this Tubal reversal success story:
The experienced tubal reversal surgeon will ensure couples undergo the necessary examinations before preparing for tubal reversal surgery. Tests may include complete blood count, ultrasound, and FSH test and semen analysis for the male partner. As you can see the success after a tubal reversal depends on a lot of factors.
Endometriosis can be referred to a gynecological disorder. In this condition, the uterus lining tends to grow outside the uterus. Subsequently the lining can attach itself to the other reproductive organs like ovaries, fallopian tubes etc. A woman dealing with endometriosis can be infertile. This condition can be diagnosed with the help of a surgical procedure called laparoscopy. The fertility specialists will take a close look inside the abdominal cavity. They will look for any abnormalities and correct the problem. The woman suffering from endometriosis can experience various symptoms such as pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding during menstruation, diarrhea and fatigue.
Some women even with mild endometriosis can be infertile. Chances are the ovaries can get closed as cysts may build up. This in turn has the ability to block the fallopian tubes. If the woman bears eggs in the ovaries the formation of cysts will definitely damage them. Other problems might include distorted anatomy of the pelvis, adhesions, scar tissues in the fallopian tubes, changes in the immune system, and changes in the hormonal structure of the eggs and reduced egg quality. Consequently, the woman will become infertile. Again endometriosis can happen due to other reasons as well. The treatment will largely depend on the patient’s requirements. Additionally the doctors will need to know the severity of the actual condition. If mild endometriosis is diagnosed patients can get relief simply by taking medications. If a situation demands then laparoscopy which is a surgical procedure will have to be introduced.
You might be surprised to know there is no specific treatment for endometriosis Health care practitioners will take into accounts such as the age of the patient, severity of the symptoms, and severity of the disease and if the patients want to become pregnant again in the future. Even after successful treatment chances of a relapse remain pronounced.
Pain medications, hormone therapy and the surgical treatment aim at reducing the pain inflicted by the endometriosis. The same treatment methods are applicable for women who wish to become pregnant in future. Some patients are also suggested to conceive through IVF if normal pregnancy is not achievable at any cost.